Oversized Parquet flooring is proving to be pretty popular. Traditional herringbone parquet flooring is a centuries old design classic however wider and larger parquet battens effortlessly add a contemporary plot twist. Moreover our super-sized parquet provides a very stylish yet practical floor, as the engineered construction means that you can install our parquet flooring over all types of underfloor heating systems.
Bespoke Parquet Flooring
As bespoke manufacturers the hardwood (or softwood) of choice is yours. Choosing to contrast dark and lightly toned hardwoods in herringbone for example, results in a bold, unique parquet floor. Furthermore, we produce parquet blocks to your individual specification of length and width. However, this is one of the few floors that we do not factory stain or finish, for good reason (please read further). But we do supply a wide range of stains and finishes and very happy to advise you with our expertise.
Engineered Herringbone Oak Oversized Parquet Flooring
Parquet blocks can be laid in any desired geometrical pattern. For example zig zag, double or even triple herringbone to unfolding dice. In addition to size, current trends are favouring finishes that embrace the natural beauty of wood – think organic tones and a low-lustre / matt sheen .
Natural tones within engineered parquet flooring are very much on trend. Clear Oils and Lacquers however, enrich warm tones within pale timbers such as Oak (unfinished Oak above). In order to retain the lovely organic tones we recommend applying a pigmented Oil to neutralise the yellowing. Treatex Natural Oil and Osmo Raw for example are such finishes and both of which we supply.
Engineered Jatoba Parquet Flooring
Engineered English Elm Herringbone Parquet Flooring
Engineered English Elm parquet flooring is simply stunning. Large Elm parquet blocks are dramatically stylish yet understated and update this design classic to a modern must have. Our beautiful native Elm works wonderfully as a parquet floor. This richly coloured hardwood features contrasting swathes of dark to milk chocolate tones with molten caramel swirls and cream.
Bespoke Engineered Oversized Parquet Flooring Prices
Large engineered Herringbone Parquet battens are produced to your specification in all of our timbers detailed below:
- Oversized Herringbone European Oak Engineered Parquet flooring £71.30m2
- Oversized Herringbone English Elm Engineered Parquet flooring £80.00m2
- Oversized Herringbone American White Ash Engineered Parquet flooring £82.00m2
- Oversized Herringbone Douglas Fir Engineered Parquet flooring £84.00m2
- Oversized Herringbone American White Oak Engineered Parquet flooring £68.00m2
- Oversized Herringbone American Black Walnut Engineered Parquet flooring £98.00m2
(all prices exclusive of V.A.T.)
Engineered Parquet Flooring Specification
- Our engineered oversized Hardwood Parquet flooring is 20mm thick
- The exception is engineered Douglas Fir Parquet flooring which is 23/24mm thickness – 8mm solid Pine softwood wear-layer. The overall thickness can be reduced if required however.
- 5mm thick solid hardwood wear layer (with the exception of Douglas Fir Parquet which has an 8mm solid softwood wear-layer).
- 15mm Birch Plywood substrate.
- Our engineered oversized parquet flooring is suitable for use with all types of under floor heating systems.
- We produce our oversized parquet flooring to your specification.
- All of our engineered parquet flooring is unfinished . For a superior finish Parquet should receive a final sand and stain / oil / lacquer of your choice on site.
- Prices are all per square metre and exclusive of V.A.T
Please note that descriptions and photographs of individual timbers & grades describe typical characteristics to expect. Wood is a natural material and as such each parquet floor and parquet batten is inherently and naturally unique.